Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yikes!!! We just had a 5.6 earthquake in San Jose. I and my brother and sister went crazily running around the house during the shaking. Mom just kept on telling us it would be okay. She didn't even get up out of her chair or stop watching the tv! We're all in hiding now.

Mom here, that was a strong one. I haven't felt anything that strong since Loma Prieta in 1989. I felt helpless to calm the cats as they ran around in fear. I have no idea where any of the poodins are except for Kali, my 18 year old who's asleep on her mat in front of the tv. I hope the aftershocks don't bother us much.

Poor Sophie must really must be dizzy from taking her pain meds and now this shake-up. Speaking of the angel, she's doing well. She won't keep her e-collar on. I don't know exactly where she is, but I think she's under my bed. After I gave her pain meds at 6 pm, she disappeared. It'll be good once she's healed and I won't have to worry so much about her.

12 comments:

The Cat Realm said...

I am glad to hear everything went fine with Sophie and she is feeling well!
I would hate to be in an earthquake!!! The maid told me about one (and I think that was a point 1 or 2, hahahaha) but she was still soooooo freaked - she doesn't even visit LA or San Francisco anymore...
Your friend Karl

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah My God, 5.6 earthquake !!!!
That is super huge, I have been throw the same level earthquake in 1999. So, I know exactly that you scared~!

And I am so happy that you and your family are all alright. And having a strong mommy is the best thing in the world~!! I am very happy for you~!!!

Stay close, it would be have some after earthquake in these days.

Hug,
Adan

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Oh that is very scarey! My mom grew up a bit north of the Bay Area and remembers the big quake that knocked down part of the Bay Bridge during baseball season one year. Hope the aftershocks are minimal and that the kitties feel safe soon. Take care everyone.

Gemini said...

I am glad to hear that no one is hurt.

Momma grew up down in So. Cal and has felt a few of those, but from far enough away that they weren't anything. She thinks it is very different if you are close.

Daisy said...

The earthquake sounds very scairty! I am glad you are all safe. And I am happy that little Sophie is feeling better.

Have a happy (and safe) Halloween!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Thank goodness you are all okay! Tell Sophie I feel her pain with that pain of an e collar. Mine is still on and there's talk that maybe tonight Momma will take it off and put a tube sock on my body. Sounds nice and cozy. We'll see! Take care!

Laila

Mickey's Musings said...

Good heavens!!!
I hope it's passing by and will not make a return appearance!!!
I have never experienced one( hope not to)
Take care!

The Furry Kids said...

We're so glad that the earthquake didn't get you guys and that Sophie's healing up well. When EG had his surgery in March, the cone was bugging him, too. When Momma could watch him, she would take it off of him so he could groom and scratch his neck and stuff. Toward the end of the two weeks, she pretty much left it off him except at night. We're sending you guys lots of hugs and purrs.

Forty Paws said...

We're glad you're all safe! That'll make your tail tremble without you doing anything!

Happy Halloween efurrybody!

Luf, Us

Ivan from WMD said...

Eeek! Quakes!

We're glad you're all OK.

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY - we is glad you is OK! We didn't feel a thing in Petaluma! Happy Halloween!

Parker said...

I am very glad that everyone was OK!